TOP TWO MEN’S TENNIS PLAYERS IN THE WORLD HOLD COURT AT FOURTH ANNUAL RITZ-CARLTON KEY BISCAYNE, MIAMI ALL-STAR CHARITY TENNIS EVENT
INCLUDING NOVAK DJOKOVIC AND ANDY MURRAY TO BENEFIT THE GREATER MIAMI TENNIS FOUNDATION
Miami, Fla. – February 26, 2013 –The 2013 Sony Open men’s and women’s winners return to The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami for the fourth consecutive year in an unprecedented, intimate gathering of the world’s top tennis players. The March 19th, gathering gives just 24 locals the opportunity to test their skills in a Round Robin qualifying tournament in which the winners earn a chance to play against and alongside the top professionals.
Led by Grand Slam legend and Hall of Fame nominee Cliff Drysdale, along with Tennis Director Mark Chellas and ESPN tennis analyst Darren Cahill, who all share court time and commentary throughout the event and Round Robin, the all-star lineup features:
• Novak Djokovic, won six Grand Slam titles and ranked number 1 in the world
• Andy Murray, currently number 3 tennis player, 2012 Men’s Single Olympic Gold Medalist and US Open Champion
• Anna Ivanovich, former number 1 singles player in the world and winner of the French Open
• Ryan Harrison, the 20-year old who is considered by many to be the next great American men's tennis player
• Round Robin Players include The Bryan Brothers, Mark Knowels, Daniel Nestor, Rohan Bopanna, Jean-Julian Rojer, Aisam Qureshi and Davo McPherson
The event, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. includes a Champagne reception with passed hors d’oeuvres, exhibition matches with the top stars from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., a pro Round Robin, a “King of the Court” challenge match pitting the pros against the amateur Round Robin winners and much more. The action is open to the public by reservation and is limited. Tickets may be purchased by calling The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center at (305) 365-4300 or contacting Mark Chellas at Mark.Chellas@ritzcarlton.com.
Tickets are as follows:
• $75 per person provides spectators tickets to view the exhibitions, quaff champagne and nosh hors d’oeuvres while they watch all the action.
• $750 per person provides entry to a Round Robin tournament, VIP seating, gift bag and court time and participation with Drysdale, Chellas, Cahill and top ATP players to qualify for two spots, giving local players the chance of a lifetime to play out points with the leading tennis pros.
• $1,500 per person includes entry to a Round Robin tournament, guaranteed hitting time against and alongside the top pros, VIP seating, gift bag and group photo opportunity.
• If nothing less than a sure thing is your style, $5,000 provides one VIP All Access Pass including one player entry in the Round Robin tournament, 15 minutes of guaranteed playing time against and alongside the top pros, VIP courtside seating, gift bags and individual meet-and-greet photo opportunity.
Proceeds from the fourth annual All-Star Charity Tennis Event will support the Greater Miami Tennis and Education Foundation (GMTEF) that helps economically and socially challenged youth learn tennis and valuable life skills by participating in free, affordable GMTEF tennis and education programs throughout the school year, as well as during the summer.
# # #
About The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami is just minutes from the city’s cosmopolitan center, yet feels like a secluded island getaway with its lush tropical gardens, infinity ocean views and the only South Florida beach on Dr. Beach’s Top Ten Beaches in the U.S. list. Connected to Miami by a picturesque causeway, the luxury resort is a renowned spa destination, has four globally-inspired dining venues, which take guests on culinary journeys to Tuscany, Coastal Mexico and St. Tropez, and has the largest tennis center of any Ritz-Carlton in the world. The award-winning resort is recognized by Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, Robb Report, Forbes, Tennis magazine and Golf Digest as among the world’s best hotels. For additional information or reservations, call The Ritz-Carlton toll free at (800) 241-3333, the resort directly at (305) 365-4500, a travel professional or visit The Ritz Carlton Web site at: www.ritzcarlton.com.
About The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, LLC
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates 81 hotels in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 30 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe. The Ritz-Carlton is the only service company to have twice earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award which recognizes outstanding customer service. For more information, or reservations, contact a travel professional, call toll free in the U.S. 1-800-241-3333, or visit the company website at www.ritzcarlton.com. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR)